Check out this cute Home Decor wall Hanging made by Close To My Heart!
Home décor just took on a whole new level of cuteness! These quick and easy owl-themed projects are a great way to bring a smile to the faces of all who see them.
Create this paper-pieced owl—isn’t he a cutie?—then attach it to a 12" x 12" canvas (available at your local craft store). Here are some tips:
* Cut the pieces freehand or print some clip art from the Internet for a pattern. We used the flower stamp from My Acrylix® Fill in the Blank (D1465) as a template for the feet, and used the
1 1/4" circle punch (Z1311) to punch the eyes from Cocoa cardstock.
* We wanted to add Juniper to the artwork, so we added the Typeset Juniper damask B&T Duos® paper to the Sorbet, Crème Brulee, and Olive B&T papers from Elemental.
* For the background, score a piece of 12” x 12” cardstock at
1 1/4" intervals. Turn the paper over and lightly sand the ridges using a sanding block.
o If the Sorbet background doesn’t match your particular color scheme, substitute Olive, Juniper, Desert Sand, Crème Brulee, or Cocoa cardstock for it.
* Attach the eyes, beak, wings, and belly to the body, using 3-D foam tape on the wings and beak. Be sure to outline the entire wings and beak with foam tape and add some in the middle to make sure it’s sturdy.
* Attach the finished owl body to the cardstock base then attach the whole thing to the canvas using Liquid Glass or Mod Podge.